- Salon B
- Samenwerkende Pedicures
- Schwarzkopf Professional
- Scrub & Rub
- Sea Magik
- Sebastian Professional
- Sexy Hair
- Shu Uemura
- Skin Supplements
- Spa of Iceland
- Superli '37
- System Professional
Eyebrows & Eyelashes
Body & Skin
Coloring SuppliesSalon Interior
A common hair problem in men and women is oily hair. This can be an inherited problem, but it can also have other causes. Prevent oily hair and give your hair and scalp the care they need. At Salontotal.co.uk shop the finest products, such as a shampoo against oily hair and various other hair products.
L'Oréal Professionnel SE Scalp Advanced 2-in-1 Shampoo and Mask Deep Purifier Clay 250ml
The cause of oily hair
Oily hair is caused by having an oily scalp. The sebaceous glands on the scalp produce sebum to keep the skin healthy and supple. With an oily scalp, too much sebum is produced, making hair oily faster. This can be due to hormonal fluctuations, stress, unhealthy diet, puberty, pregnancy, temperature, use of wrong hair products, washing and brushing hair too often.
What can you do about oily hair?
We would like to give you some tips to reduce oily hair:
1. Don't wash your hair too often! Washing your hair too often removes the natural fats, which causes the scalp to produce more sebum and results in oily hair. Wash it 2 to 3 times a week and use dry shampoo in between if necessary.
2. Use conditioner only on the lengths and ends of your hair. This is what needs the most care.
3. Use hair products suitable for oily scalp.
4. Wash hair with a lower water temperature.
5. Do not brush the hair too often and sit with your hands in the hair as little as possible.
Must haves for oily hair
At Salontotal.co.uk shop the finest products for oily hair. What is your favorite product?
Shampoo for oily hair
A shampoo for oily hair gently cleanses the hair and scalp. The sebum production is inhibited and brought back into balance. Enjoy clean hair and a clean scalp! We list some of our bestsellers for you:
- The Kérastase Specifique Bain Divalent contains vitamin B6 that helps inhibit sebum production. At the same time, the hair is nourished and strengthened by the action of Glycine. Enjoy stronger, healthier and less oily hair.
- The Redken Amino Mint Scalp Shampoo is a cleansing shampoo that ensures that sebum production is rebalanced. The action of mint gives a wonderful fresh feeling. By using this shampoo, you will enjoy a clean and fresh scalp.
- The L’Oréal Professionnel SE Scalp Advanced Dermo-purifier Shampoo removes excess sebum from the scalp and hair. The skin is purified and this ensures that sebum production is regulated.
A dry shampoo is really a must-have product if you are prone to oily hair. Use it between washes as a refresher so you can put off washing for a while. Some of our best sellers include:
- The Wella Professionals EIMI Dry Me absorbs excess sebum with Tapioca flour. Hair gains volume and a matte texture.
- The Sebastian Professional Drynamic contains powder particles that cause excess sebum to be absorbed and it gives more volume, texture and definition.
- The Redken Deep Clean Dry Shampoo has a lovely floral scent. This dry shampoo absorbs excess sebum and build up, for a clean and fresh feeling.