- Salon B
- Samenwerkende Pedicures
- Schwarzkopf Professional
- Scrub & Rub
- Sea Magik
- Sebastian Professional
- Sexy Hair
- Shu Uemura
- Skin Supplements
- Spa of Iceland
- Superli '37
- System Professional
Eyebrows & Eyelashes
Body & Skin
Coloring SuppliesSalon Interior
Do you enjoy being busy making your own nails beautiful? Then acrylic nails might be for you. You can apply it as reinforcement on your natural nail, but you can also extend the nails with it. Do you want to start putting your own acrylic nails? We have all the products you need!
Acrylic is created by combining a powder (polymer) and a special liquid (monomer). You give the desired color, shape and length to the nail. Are you a nail biter or do your nails always tear easily? Then acrylic nails are what you need. With acrylic nails, you can no longer bite or pick and your nails won't tear because there is a hard and solid layer on the nails. Acrylic nails can be given any color you want, this can be done with an acrylic color powder, but also with gel polish. The acrylic nails price varies per product. We also have handy starter kits, such as the Acrylic Get Started Kit & Acrylic Student Kit to start putting your own nails.
How to make beautiful acrylic nails
If you would like to buy products for beautiful acrylic nails, check carefully what all you need. Always be careful when applying acrylic nail products and work hygienically. Each product may have a different step-by-step procedure, so read the procedure carefully before use.
- Step 1: gently push the cuticles back with a cuticle pusher or bok paw.
- Step 2: rough up the nail with a nail buffer.
- Step 3: remove the dust from the nails with a nail brush.
- Step 4: degrease the nails well with the Blue Scrub.
- Step 5: apply a thin layer of the Universal Air Bond to the nail for better adhesion.
- Step 6: use an acrylic brush to create the perfect nail with the Acrylic Liquid combined with an Acrylic Powder. The acrylic will harden on its own.
- Step 7: You can polish the nail until it shines or apply a top coat. Let it harden under the lamp.
- Step 8: Apply a cuticle oil to care for the skin.
Acrylic nails with extension
- Steps 1 to 4 are the same as mentioned above.
- Step 5: apply a nail template or stick a nail tip on the natural nail.
- Step 6: apply a thin layer of Universal Air Bond to the nail for better adhesion.
- Step 7: Use an acrylic brush with Acrylic Liquid combined with an Acrylic Powder. Apply the product as tightly as possible to the stencil and build up the nail. The acrylic will harden on its own.
- Step 8: File the nail to the desired shape and length, removing sharp edges.
- Step 9: remove the dust from the nails with a nail brush.
- Step 10: polish the nail or apply a top coat.
- Step 11: apply a cuticle oil to care for the skin around the nails.
Removing acrylic nails
Removing acrylic nails is important to do correctly. Never try to pull acrylic nails off your natural nail. This damages your natural nail and can have unpleasant consequences.
- Step 1: use a file to remove the gloss layer from the acrylic nail or any gel polish color.
- Step 2: Use a remover with acetone and apply it to a cotton ball.
- Step 3: apply the cotton ball to the nail and wrap it with foil.
- Step 4: soak for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Step 5: remove the foil and cotton ball.
- Step 6: gently push the leftover acrylic off the nail with a cuticle pusher.
- Step 7: Is the acrylic still not coming off properly? Then reapply a cotton ball with acetone to soak it a little more.
- Step 8: You can carefully remove the last remnants with a file.
- Step 9: wash your hands and then apply a cuticle oil to care for the nails and skin.
What is the difference between acrylic nails & gel nails
The products you use with acrylic nails are air-drying. These nails are strong and not flexible. For gel nails, you use a liquid gel, which you have to build up in several layers. These layers must be cured under a lamp. Gel nails look a little thinner, but they are strong and flexible. You can create beautiful nails with both products.